Thursday, June 7, 2012

To Live and Not Die




Suicide is something that we are faced with in this day. Over 1 million people commit suicide each year. Every minuet someone attempts to commit suicide. Why are so many people doing this? Is it because in this generation we have stopped showing people how much we love them? Or how much their appreciated and wanted? This subject is very dear to me because my sister's ex-boyfriend committed suicide a few months ago. He was about 15 years old. That's so young! He had the rest of his life ahead of him and then he was gone. It devastated her because she didn't know if she made him want to when they broke up. She has to live with the sadness of losing a friend and that guilt for the rest of her life not knowing why. A little of my own story has been dealing with depression, but I have found hope in Jesus Christ. I believe if more people knew how much God loved them less people wouldn't feel so alone. If they could just know that they have someone that understands then they wouldn't feel so isolated and left out. I think the more we talk with others about how we feel and what were going through we  find out how many people actually love us and care. I wish I could have known him before. I wonder what he was facing at home. A teacher could have talked to him and maybe helped him, but he didn't feel like anyone would listen. And that's all it takes. No one to listen. No one to show him they cared. It's sad that so many people feel like they have no one to turn to. No hope in life. Jesus said I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He is life! He cares for every single person. God loved you so much that He would send His one and only Son to die so that you could live. You don't have to go though life wondering who cares. When He comes into your life there are battles and trials we face, but He will get you through them! You just have to hold on and trust Him. He doesn't want anyone to perish but for everyone to have eternal life. I don't know if you have asked Him into your heart, but I pray that you will...please pray:

 Dear Lord Jesus, come into my heart right now. forgive me of all my sins. Wash me and cleanse me. Set me free Lord Jesus. Jesus I thank you that you died for me on the cross. I believe that you have risen from the dead and that you are coming back again for me also. Jesus fill me with the Holy Spirit. Give me a passion for the lost, a hunger for the things of God and a Holy boldness to tell others about you. I confess that I'm saved, I'm born again, I'm forgiven and I'm on my way to heaven because I just asked you Lord Jesus to come into my heart. Amen!

 You don't have to live with guilt or shame from your past once you have asked Him into your life. You are free and all of your sins are behind you! You need to read the Word and renew your mind. Don't believe the lies of the enemy , believe truth. I'm so grateful that Christ has helped me through many seasons in my life. I couldn't have made it through without Him. This world is looking and searching for someone to notice them and God has given us the resources and commandment to tell them about Him. Where they can find hope and peace from this world. I'm tired of walking by and seeing so many hurt and suffering. I'm only one person and your only one person, but that's all it takes. Just one person speaking life into someone! Lord, I know we walk by so many! I know I have walked by when You have told me to tell that one person about you, but help us to see them. Help us to notice! Lord, I pray that this generation would care for one another and see others. Let us care and show others that we do. Let others see the hope we have found in You and help us share what You have given to us so freely! Thank You for loving us and giving us hope. Let our lives be testimony's that others would see there not alone! Amen!


I heard this amazing song and wanted to share it. Listen and know your not alone! :D







No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dream that changed my life!

 I recently joined a challenge from julianna morlet who challenged the readers of her blog to write for an hour ever...