Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Dream that changed my life!




 I recently joined a challenge from julianna morlet who challenged the readers of her blog to write for an hour everyday for 7 days...

This is the second subject about a Life Changing Moment...
A life changing moment for me was actually a dream I had. In this dream I was in an upper room meeting with a bunch of people. I was sitting in the back and the door was nearby. I was brought out and started hearing a friends voice, and he was telling me that God has called me. (I think God used him so I wouldn't be afraid.)  And then I started seeing myself on the mission field! He started telling me that I was called to a people that I've never heard of. (To this day I still don't know who they are, but God does.) I couldn't explain why, but I had so much peace! Usually normal people would run if they heard someone tell them this. But nope, not me! It's kinda crazy now that I think about it because I couldn't see me as a missionary! But God was showing me a part of His plan for my life! So after he started talking to me I'm not sure what happened to him, but he disappeared. Then I saw myself on a dry field running. I don't know why I was, but I could tell something wasn't right. I suddenly just fall, but as I fall I'm dying! Now as I was falling to the ground my friend wasn't with me, but God's peace filled me! I couldn't even feel anything when I was falling! I knew I was dying, but I didn't expect death to be like that. Then I woke up. Only God knows the plans He has for me and only He knows what tomorrow holds. But my life has changed because of it! Sometimes it's not a good thing that I had this dream because I'm constantly wondering and thinking about how God is gonna work it out. But I'm learning to trust in His plans and just live for today. Today has enough worries of it's own (Matthew 6:34). Before this dream,I really didn't know anything about my calling, but I knew I was called. The Bible says" Many are called, but few are chosen" (Matthew 22:13). I heard a message a couple days ago, and the preacher said, "The difference between being called and chosen is saying yes!" Saying yes to Him! I want to say yes and be a vessel that the Lord can use to advance His kingdom! I know it will be hard to give up everything and follow God's call, but He said you'll receive a hundred times as much as you gave up (Matthew 19:29). So, now I'm trying to relax and wait on Him to lead and guide me. It's hard because once you know something like that you have to trust in His will and timing. I'm learning not be too hard on yourself if you miss a step. If you miss it, God's plans won't fall apart. He is the God of this universe! The creator of Heaven and Earth! How can we destroy the plans He destined for us? He provides a broad path beneath us, so our ankles don't give in (Psalms 18:36). I'm so grateful that I know this now because it use to stress me out big time! I pray that if you know God has called you to do something that it would be a blessing! God Bless!
Categories: Other Bloggers 



 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing testimony!! Its always awesome and encouraging to hear or read about how God is working in someone else's life. Keep it up. :]

    ReplyDelete

The Dream that changed my life!

 I recently joined a challenge from julianna morlet who challenged the readers of her blog to write for an hour ever...